Client: BHP Billiton Iron Ore
Location: Newman, WA
Start Date: May 2007
End Date: November 2009
Value: $26.1 million
The projects involved upgrading 36 existing housing lots and constructing two Eco Villages throughout Newman, WA.
The pre existing housing lots were upgraded by subdivision and improvement works into 138 new housing sites upon which transportable homes with appropriate landscaping were placed.
The two Eco Villages were located on two separate sites with one containing 60 single man units, and the other containing 100 single man units.
The works included:
- Survey and setting out;
- Clearing, grubbing, stockpiling and removing all cleared material;
- Stripping, stockpiling and re-spreading topsoil;
- Embankment construction;
- Bulk earthworks;
- Services installation;
- Retaining Walls;
- Underground electrical reticulation;
- Quality assurance and testing;
- Culverts and drainage structures;
- Detailed earthworks;
- Road formation;
- Sewer and water reticulation;
- Stakeholder engagement; and
- Traffic management